The Top 5 Cars for Families in 2018
Is it time for a new family car? It’s a great time to buy a new 2018 vehicle because it’s the end of the model year and the 2019 models have just been rolled out. Whether you’re looking for a minivan, an SUV, a sedan, or a hybrid, you’ve got tons of options in a pretty wide price range.
The family car is an important purchase because most of us spend so much of our time in the car. It needs to be safe, and safety is easy to come by in 2018 because so many vehicles are fitted with high-tech active safety features. Reliability is obviously vital, as is plenty of passenger and cargo space. What takes a family car to the top of the list, though is the little family-friendly touches that make a world of difference when you’re in the car with kids, like rear sunshades and in-car Wi-Fi. Here, we offer a list of the cream of the crop, no matter what kind of vehicle your family needs.
- The Minivans: If you’re ready to embrace your soccer family suburbanite status and go full minivan, there are some beautiful models from which to choose. The Honda Odyssey tops them all, with second-row seats that slide side to side as well as back and forth, for maximum flexibility in configuration. It’s also got available features like a cooler, a vacuum, a cooler, and a cabin camera that makes it easy for the driver to see what’s going on in the backseat. There’s also Wi-Fi, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and a rear-seat entertainment system with a truly impressive viewing screen.
- The Full Sized SUVs: If hauling all the people and all the things is your priority, you may as well commit to a large SUV. The Chevrolet Traverse makes the top of the list of three-row models, with seating for eight and car-like handling. The Traverse has more family-friendly features than any other SUVs in its class, including USB ports throughout all three rolls, in-car Wi-Fi, a rear-seat entertainment system, and a hands-free liftgate. The Ford Expedition is rated the Best Large SUV for Families, with three adult-friendly rows and tons of family-friendly features, including a 360-degree rearview camera, a rear-seat entertainment system, USB ports in all three rows, Wi-Fi, Apple CarPlay, and Android Auto.
- The Smaller SUVs: You may still need a two-row, or a compact SUV or crossover may meet your needs, but no matter what your family requires, you’ve got some great options this year. The Ford Edge is a roomy two-row SUV with a generous backseat and ample cargo space, as well as plenty of cool features, like heated rear seats, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and a hands-free liftgate. The Honda CR-V has been named Best Compact SUV for Families for six of the past seven years because it’s got excellent reliability and safety scores as well as tons of space for passengers and cargo. Throw in family-friendly tech, and it’s an amazing family vehicle. Want an SUV-like wagon? The Subaru Outback, with its comfortable ride, generous cargo area, and plentiful safety features, or the Kia Soul, which offers an economical, funky option with plenty of room for car seats and gear, might just fit the bill.
- The Cars: Maybe your family car simply needs to be a car. According to Parents magazine and Edmunds, the best sedans on the market this year are the Chevrolet Malibu and the Honda Accord. US News and World Report, on the other hand, favors the Kia Cadenza and Toyota Camry. Who’s right? It’s pretty subjective because all of these cars are great options. The Malibu is roomy with cool high-tech features, the Accord is sleek and comfy, with advanced safety features, while the Cadenza has an upscale cabin and tons of features, and the Camry is peppy and fun to drive, with an impressive list of standard safety feature and a user-friendly infotainment system.
- The Best Hybrid: If eco-consciousness is your family’s priority, the Toyota Prius is the way to go. Its combination of an efficient gas engine and a self-charging electric motor means you’ll get 52 miles per gallon, which equates to a savings of about $500 per year on gas. What’s more, the Prius has enough back seat space to fit two car seats.
No matter what kind of family car fits your family, if you’re looking for quality, affordable cars in Clarksville, TN, you should check out Gary Mathews Motors. We have new vehicles from Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, and Fiat, plus a wide range of pre-owned vehicles, so we can help anyone looking for a vehicle find what they want. We look forward to helping you purchase your next family car.